Online presence is crucial in today’s day and age for any brand or company to reach out to people and expand their businesses. While a digital presence is essential to interact with customers, it might backfire if you do not care to maintain your company’s online reputation.
The reputation you build online holds power to either make or break you or your company.
If the visitors to your website don’t trust your brand, they will surely not turn into your customers, which is why monitoring your customers’ perceptions of your company is important.
To keep track of your customer behaviors, reviews and comments online, there are different online reputation management tools out there.
💡 Read Brand Reputation 101: Monitoring, Analysis, and Management Tools
In this article, I will guide you through the different reputation management tools which will help you choose the best for your company. Follow along!
What Is Reputation Management?
Reputation management includes analyzing, monitoring, and shaping public perceptions and conversations about an individual, brand, or company.
Online reputation management is the process of analyzing how your consumers perceive your business, monitoring public opinions, and taking the necessary actions to shape your brand’s image.
Brand reputation management is an ongoing and crucial strategy to boost any company’s reputation. Nowadays, reputation management mostly depends on protecting online reputation on social media platforms, reviews sites, etc.
Why Is Reputation Management Important?
Reputation is the key to gaining the trust of others, whether it be of an individual, business, or organization.
Reputation management is vital for any company’s success as it gains customer loyalty, ultimately increasing sales and revenue.
A negative brand reputation can hamper customer retention and sales, whereas a positive brand reputation can lead to an increase in sales, revenue, and opportunities.
Thus, by adopting proper reputation management strategies, a brand or company can grow more in terms of money, name, and fame.
Read Reputation Analysis Guide: How To Do It And Why
What Is A Reputation Management Tool?
A reputation management tool analyzes and monitors users’ online comments, reviews, and brand mentions to track a brand’s reputation.
Brand owners and business managers use this tool to get insight into their consumers’ opinions about their company and products. They take these reviews as an outline to correct and bring any necessary updates to their products.
Read Measuring Brand Reputation: Top 5 Metrics to Look Out For
How To Select The Best Reputation Management Tool?
The reputation of a brand determines the brand’s overall success, which is why choosing the best reputation management tool is essential.
Before choosing tools for the reputation management of your business, look for the qualities mentioned below.
The best reputation management software:
- Must be able to bring all your online comments, reviews, and brand mentions to one place.
- Should highlight the best product of a brand and identify the least favorite product.
- Should provide real-time updates on your competitors’ ratings.
- Must be able to translate reviews into your language.
- Must be able to conduct sentiment analysis to figure out customers’ emotions.
- Should create an organized review management and quick response environment.
Read 5 Steps to Creating a Perfect Reputation Management Strategy
Top 5 Reputation Management Tools
There are many reputation management softwares. Still, I have picked the top 5 reputation management tools for you.
#1 Determ: Best Tool to Monitor Brand Mentions Online
Negative brand mentions across the web can directly hamper your brand’s reputation and decrease customer trust leading to business failures.
If you want to measure your success online as a business, it is crucial that you keep track of what people are saying about your and your competitor’s brands. But going to every review site and forum and searching for what people are talking about your brand can be a nuisance.
Thus, it is best to use reputation management tools like Determ to monitor brand mentions online and reputation management.
Determ is a media monitoring and social listening software that gives you valuable insights into your brand by monitoring and analyzing brand mentions. It collects information from millions of sources online and notifies you in real-time every time someone mentions your brand or company.
Determ solves the problem of millions of online businesses by finding relevant information and brand mentions through global media tracking, analytics, and convenient customer support.
Best Features of Determ:
1. Brand Monitoring:
- Monitors specific sources, keywords, or phrases in real-time across millions of sources online and filters results in a single place.
- Records engagement, impressions, reach, sentiments, etc., and identifies top media and users by their number.
2. Campaign Tracking:
- Monitor your hashtags and campaigns across the web and social media platforms.
- Identify the best performing source and make decisions aligning with customer needs.
3. Competitor Analysis:
- Monitor your competitors and new market trends by getting real-time data and mentions in a single feed.
Read Sentiment Tracking: How to Get Inside Your Customers’ Minds?
4. Crisis Communication:
- Add new sources easily on request and conduct real-time monitoring in any language or location.
- Get alerts for an unlimited number of users.
- Create branded reports tailored to your requirements.
- Get an automated reporting process to save up time.
5. Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Gather, filter, and get insights into real-time data.
- Receive data on interactive and easy-to-understand charts for more clear information.
- Enable assigning automatic tags and sentiments to categorize the mentions better.
6. Market Research:
- Measure public sentiments towards several topics in detail.
- Track the performance of brands, hashtags, competitors, and so on.
7. Reputation Management:
- Enables you to identify and participate in relevant online conversations or posts to stay in control of your company’s online presence and shape the reputation.
You can start a free 7-days trial with Determ without the need for a credit card.
Read Determ Pricing Guide
#2 Statusbrew: Best For Social Media
Social media is one of the best platforms to expand your business online. The positive reviews of your brand over social media can take your business to heights quickly.
In contrast, the trolls, spam, and negative reviews over social media can even break your company’s reputation in no time. So it’s often considered one of the major social media pain points while running a business. Thus, to maintain your brand reputation, you must constantly monitor the reviews and comments online.
Using reputation management tools like Statusbrew, you do not have to manually monitor reviews online.
Statusbrew is an online reputation management software that is easy to use and is best for social media.
On Statusbrew, you can manage communications on social media and messaging platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, YouTube, etc.
Statusbrew, the social media management tool, has some of the best reputation management features, which I will explain below.
Best Features of Statusbrew:
- Filters automatically and notifies users of all negative reviews.
- Assigns reviews to area managers for a specific location with the help of the auto-assign reviews feature.
- Directs reviews automatically to a specific team member or inbox, depending on their specialty.
- Helps you analyze consumers’ sentiments with AI-powered sentiment analysis.
- Enables collaboration with team members in real-time while dealing with customer queries.
- Has controlled team member access.
- Provides in-depth brand reputation insights, from a single comment to large reviews.
- A decentralized working environment with granular access.
- Hides the trolls and spam across social platforms with the auto-hide spam feature.
- Built-in customer relationship management (CRM) to monitor customer behavior across the platforms.
- Has listening solutions to identify potential new customers outside of your feed.
- Manage consumer reviews at a large scale with the help of groups.
Statusbrew has four different plans: lite, standard, premium, and enterprise. All of these plans have their own pricing depending upon their features.
Here is the pricing structure of Statusbrew plans.
You can do a free 7-days trial of Statusbrew for lite and standard plan whereas a 14 days free trial for the premium plan.
#3 Podium: Best Online Tool for Review Management
After a customer tries out your products or services, it is best if there is a space to leave feedback so that customers do not have to go to different forums or review sites to vent their frustration in case, they are not happy with anything.
When customers refrain from leaving complaints over different review sites, it will prevent the issues of negative brand image, decrease in customer retention, loss in sales, etc.
Thus, businesses can use tools like Podium, which uses a text messaging feature to record customer reviews where you can customize the text requesting customers to leave a review and send them.
Then the visitors to the site can leave a review by going to the link from the message and also decide which site they want the review posted in. Customers can communicate with you via text message, which is a convenient way for your customers.
Podium is the best easy-to-use online tool for review management. This tool allows you to identify new reviews and manage them.
Best Features of Podium:
- Allows customer interaction through email, text, and social media.
- Manages customer messaging from different platforms, like SMS text, Google, Facebook, etc., in one place.
- Helps in growth by reaching out to new customers and keeping them engaged.
- Helps you receive more reviews with the text messaging feature.
- Monitor customer activity and provide detailed analytics on customer reviews.
- Ability to break down reviews and identify negative reviews to help you improve your products and services.
- Provides web-chat widget where people can leave their names and mobile phone.
- Better understand your customers by analyzing customer feedback conveniently.
- Conduct text messaging marketing campaigns to send promotional messages to the customers.
- Get a detailed report of customer feedback and insight into it.
Podium has three different paid plans; essentials, standard, and professional based on the types of businesses you have and the features you need.
You may also try out Podium free for 14 days.
#4 Birdeye: Best Online Reputation Management Tool for Large Businesses
If there is an allocated space for customers to leave out their feedback, it is most likely that they won’t go around complaining and spreading negative brand image.
A space for customer interaction where they can easily leave feedback will make your customers feel heard and help your company gain customer trust, leading to customer satisfaction and loyalty.
If your business wants to opt for multiple customer interaction ways, including personalized text messages, email, mobile kiosks, Facebook plugins, etc., then Birdeye is the one for you. It is a chosen online reputation management tool suitable for large businesses.
Birdeye allows users to view customer feedback across different online platforms and reply to them.
Additionally, it also prepares customer feedback reports and gives insight into customer behavior which you can use to improve your company’s products and services.
Birdeye provides automatic updates, alerts, and several other tools to monitor and manage online reviews. It also guides you through the complete review and management process through detailed demos.
Best Features of Birdeye:
- Ability to curate messages according to the platform and provide the best customer experience.
- You can schedule when to contact a customer. That could be immediately after a sale, several days later, or several weeks later.
- Request customer feedback in several ways, i.e., through Facebook, text messages, emails, in-store mobile kiosks, Birdeye microsite, or Bireye’s website.
- Easy to monitor and analyze the reviews across several platforms.
- Allows you to leverage the customer databases and receive more feedback as Birdeye coordinates with several apps and platforms.
- Ability to respond to feedback through Birdeye’s platform, where you will also get the sample responses you can send. You may choose to either send the sample responses or modify them as you like.
- Auto-monitoring feature of reviews according to the rules you set.
- Easier to promote customer reviews across different social media platforms.
- Able to build a microsite for all your feedback in one place.
- Create and send out surveys to record customers’ perceptions and track their issues with your products and services.
- Manage every online listing of your company.
Birdeye has a customized pricing plan based on the number of your business locations and the features you need. To view Birdeye’s pricing plans, first, you need to enter the details of your business.
Birdeye’s plans start at $299 per month for one location (for the Standard plan) and $399 per month for the Professional plan.
#5 KrispCall: Best tool for business communication and customer support
Often times, miscommunication between consumers and the brand results in customer dissatisfaction. In such a situation, users might vent their frustration on different social media platforms, review sites, and forums for everyone to see, leading to a negative brand image
Thus, proper customer service and two-way communication between customers and the business is necessary to sort out any issues as such that may arise.
To avoid such a situation, you may use a business communication tool like KrispCall that helps you manage all your personal and business phone requirements from a single app.
KrispCall is an on-demand virtual phone system for sales and communication. It is one of the best tools for business communication and customer support.
KrispCall products include Cloud Phone, the one-stop solution for your virtual phone numbers and call centers where you can engage in inbound/outbound customer service calls and conveniently operate from any part of the world.
Best Features of KrispCall:
1. Cloud Phone
- Cloud Telephony: An inexpensive alternative to traditional phone systems.
- Cloud Call Center Software: Manage call center business from one dashboard with advanced call center features like cloud-based calling, report and analytics, smart dialer, CRM integration, and more.
- Cloud Contact Center Software: Best alternative to traditional contact centers. Establish multiple touchpoints with your clients and expand your outreach.
- Sales Dialer: Helps organize your outbound communications for smoother sales calls.
2. Phone Numbers
- Get international virtual phone numbers like toll-free numbers, local numbers, mobile numbers, and more for personal and business use online and operate from anywhere.
In a Nutshell
Summing up, digital reputation management is crucial in today’s digitalized era as it helps your company hold a good brand image online and gain consumers’ trust.
Reputation management doesn’t mean concealing negative reviews and highlighting your strong points. It means reflecting on the weakness of your company and working continuously to bring positive changes in the company’s products and services while celebrating the strengths.
Online reputation management tools help you exactly do that; monitor and analyze consumer perception and take strategic actions for your company’s growth.
I hope you found this article insightful. Thank you for sticking to the end!